"To die for one's people is a great sacrifice. To live for one's people is a greater sacrifice. I choose to live for my people. What do you choose?" Senator Chuchi of Pantora

Monday, March 26, 2012

A Thought for your Day

Today I was visiting my local bookshop. When I was leaving I noticed a woman walking close behind to the doors. So I unconsciously held the door for her. Instead of saying "Thank you" she said "must be your good deed of the day" then continued on her way.
This perplexed me for I am constantly holding doors for others. I do this for  many reasons yet mainly is that I treat others the way I would like to be treated. I don't like coming up behind someone at the doors and have them let the door go and hit me :( Are these people in such a hurry or so immersed in to their smartphone to notice someone behind them?
It does not take any time to hold the door for someone. Yet in doing so will make their day. Especially if you smile and say a perky greeting (G'morning or G'day)
Why are we in such a hurry that a simple curtsey is forgotten? What happened to men holding doors for a woman?
So my challenged to everyone is to be mindful and hold a door open for someone else. You will be surprised how this little gesture can make someone else's day and  yours :)

1 comment:

JimF said...

I do this all the time. In fact I did it at least 4 today. I do remember a time when some one wouldn't let me do things like this for them. Odd.