"To die for one's people is a great sacrifice. To live for one's people is a greater sacrifice. I choose to live for my people. What do you choose?" Senator Chuchi of Pantora

Sunday, October 3, 2010

The 3D Buzz

I am trying to figure out this 3D thingy. So I'm out of it because I have not seen any of the new 3D films. Main reason none to me have been that interesting. However this week an announcement from The Ranch has that starting in 2012 the Star Wars saga will be released in 3D. One film per year.
Now a lot of people are wondering if this is a cash grab for him. But I don't care about that. What I can't wait for is to see the films, especially the original trilogy, on the big scene. To see all the characters, battles, and Troopers in all their 3D glory. Hoping the new technology will transport me back to being a youngling again.
Now the real cash grab with this 3D technology is James Cameron with his plan to release Titanic in 3D in 2012.
With this announcement, is Cameron just trying to see if Titanic can go head to head with the most money making film franchise in  history. Come now. From the story of Avatar, could the film, without 3D, be the huge film it became.The reason I did not go see Avatar was that the core story did not interest me. (Sorry, Sam Worthington could not even get me to see this.)
I am a Science Fiction fan, so this story was very old news. Plus I just watched an animated film called 'Battle for Terra'. This film same story, but to me more my taste. It was well animated, with a great voice cast. I recommend this film to anyone to see.
Guess we will have to wait and see in 2012 what the verdict will truly be. So I hope to see you in line;) For more information check out Star Wars

No comments: